What to Feed a Hedgehog
Mix the following well and serve in a shallow dish, a coffee jar lid will do. Then feed two, 3 tablespoonful portions at dawn and dusk:
- wet meat in loaf/jelly form
- or cat/kitten biscuits
- or a reputable specialist hedgehog food such as Spike’s Meaty Feast
If possible add:
- 1 level teaspoon of SA37 vitamin supplement, available from pet shops or petmeds.co.uk. If SA37 is not available use 2 drops of Abidec, available from the chemist, vets or petmeds.co.uk
- 1 level teaspoon of Sterilised Bone Meal, available from pet shops.
- 1 level teaspoon of Can-addase Enzyme Supplement, available from vets.
Do NOT feed
- Fish flavoured cat/dog food